VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware is high-performance security software that doesn't slow your server down like older, traditional antivirus products that have been around for years. VIPRE combines antivirus, antispyware, anti-rootkit and other security technologies into a seamless, tightly-integrated security solution. Hosting and Designs L.L.C. is able to offer Sunbelt Software's VIPRE protection against today's highly complex spyware, viruses, and blended malware threats for just $29 (per year) on any Windows 2003 or 2008 dedicated server.
- Advantages of VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware
- High-performance threat protection with low impact on system resources
- Scans email for malware threats
- Cutting-edge Proactive Protection guards you 24/7
- Advanced anti-rootkit technologies (May not work on 64Bit OS)
- Small, regular definition updates greatly reduce update downloading time
- VIPRE has three extra bonus tools: a history cleaner, a secure file eraser, and the PC Explorer for advanced users.
- Viper performance chart (pdf file)
VIPRE antivirus software can be purchased with any Windows dedicated server.
Cutting-edge Proactive Protection
Sunbelt's advanced security technology is famous for being in the front lines in the battle against new and unknown malware, known as 'zero-day threats'.
- NEW - MX-Virtualization™ analyzes malware in real-time, in a secured memory "lock box" that emulates Windows. MX-V fools the malware into thinking it has taken over your PC. MX-V allows VIPRE to observe how the malware behaves and kill it before it can harm your server. MX-V technology is the safest way to protect against zero-day threats.
- IMPROVED - VIPRE's Genscan™ and Cobra™ heuristics use super efficient dynamic pattern assessment to determine if something is malware.
- IMPROVED - VIPRE's Active Protection™ delivers real time monitoring and protection against known and unknown malware threats. Active Protection works inside the Windows kernel (the core of the operating system), watching for malware and stopping it before it has a chance to execute on your system. (Other anti-malware products allow the malware to run on your computer to try and watch for bad behavior which is less safe).
Robert Vamosi's CNET review of VIPRE said: "7.8 out of 10: Much of what we like about Vipre is beneath the hood--which is where it should be. The scanning engines are fast and, in our limited testing, accurate. What we like most about Vipre, however, is that it packs a lot of extras--extras that other antivirus products should have but often do not. ...Vipre features other useful tools such as a secure file eraser that writes 1s and 0s over deleted files...and something called PC Explorer, which reveals processes and services running that are suspect or known to be malicious."